Moyles Hotel in West Yorkshire’s Hebden Bridge is sending out a strong message of intent that it aims to become one of the region’s finest restaurants, boasting a strong influence of Jean Christophe Novelli of Hell’s Kitchen fame.
You may not know this, but there’s loads of treasure hidden in Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd, Todmorden and the surrounding areas. ‘Treasure’ is a word I use loosely because you cannot really call a Tupperware container filled with small things like pencil sharpeners and keyrings ‘treasure’, but it certainly is if you’ve spent an hour looking for it in the middle of a field.
Well known and highly regarded local businessman Simon Moyle has spoken out in favour of the proposed £10 million development at Garden Street in Hebden Bridge. In his letter to the Hebden Bridge Times this week he urged “everyone to support the scheme”. The scheme has received criticism from those living adjacent to the site of the development, whose visual amenity may be compromised if the scheme is given the green light by Calderdale MBC Development Control.
Over 300 participants took to the streets on Saturday for the first Hebden Bridge Handmade Parade. The water-themed community-generated parade, organized by arts group HEADS and Thingumajig Theatre made its way from Valley Road to Calder Holmes Park where it opened the World on Your Doorstep Festival.
Following criticism from a number of local residents, a revised planning application has been submitted by the developer Hebden Royd Development LLP, for their redevelopment proposal at Garden Street Hebden Bridge. Praised by many as an innovative and attractive solution to a problem site, concerns had been raised by others regarding the scheme’s impact on the Conservation Area.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.