West Yorkshire Police have launched an investigation today following the discovery of a woman’s body in the River Calder in Hebden Bridge, near the Bridge Gate area of the town. It is believed that the woman was from the local area, and aged around forty years old. The woman’s family have been informed of her death.
We’ve added a fun new forum to The Hebden Bridge List. I Saw You is a place where people can let you know that you caught their eye in the street, in a pub or bar, anywhere at all really. And you can use it to tell others if someone special caught your eye too.
Contractors will begin work on a new underground pumping station next month at the marina on New Road, Hebden Bridge. Yorkshire Water has postponed other aspects of the work until the New Year, which is expected to disrupt traffic on New Road, Hope Street and Albert Street, in order to make improvements to the sewage system in the center of the town.
Some of the top names in poetry will descend on Mytholmroyd this month, to take part in a seven day long festival celebrating the life and legacy of former poet laureate, Ted Hughes. Born in Mytholmroyd in 1930 Ted Hughes later became regarded as one of the leading poets of his generation. A blue heritage plaque was recently placed at the house of his birth at 1 Aspinal Street, to commemorate his time in the village.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.