Councillors have given their backing to the economic vision for Calderdale’s future. Members of the Cabinet last night approved the Council’s Economy and Enterprise Strategy. They also gave the go-ahead for applications to be made for two separate streams of funding which could draw down millions of pounds into the district and turn the vision into a reality.
Building work has started at Mytholmroyd’s new Town Square. It is being created on the former car park near St Michaels Church Hall on Church Street, along with an Enterprise Hub in the Church Hall building.
Calderdale Councillors have given their backing to plans to designate and review conservation areas in Calderdale. At last night’s Cabinet meeting (Monday 8th December), it was decided that Clifton and Northowram should be considered for Conservation status. Existing Conservation areas Hebden Bridge and Elland may also benefit, as the areas are to be reviewed, and may be extended.
Four more car parks across Calderdale have been awarded the prestigious Park Mark award from the British Parking Association (BPA). Garden Square and Station Road in Hebden Bridge, and High Street and Cross Hills in Halifax have all received the award, which represents the commitment of the Council towards ensuring a safer parking environment for motorists.
Calderdale Councillors are considering setting up a taskforce to respond to the current downturn in the economy. The group would be made up of members from each main party. They would be advised of any key developments, make recommendations on the way forward and provide leadership to any economic issues as they arise.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.