The allocation of £300,000 of grant funding to support local business and to help the growth of the local economy has been approved by CMBC councillors. Members of Calderdale Council’s Cabinet met yesterday and approved recommendations from the Economic Taskforce to allocate the money from the ‘Economic Fighting Fund’.
Calderdale’s Liberal Democrat councillors have today echoed the importance of the Caldervale rail line through the borough and the need for investment in it, and have highlighted the importance of getting the basics right in improving the quality of the service.
Calderdale Council is set to add a high point to the Bank Holiday weekend when it opens Wainhouse Tower to the public. The 253 foot-high tower is one of Calderdale’s most recognisable landmarks and has undergone an extensive programme of repairs. It will be open for the public on at least seven days this year, starting on Bank Holiday Monday, 4th May.
Anyone interested in locally sourced food and drink must put the first Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd Food festival into their diary. This exciting new addition to the Hebden Bridge calendar begins on Saturday 2nd May 2009 and will continue until Sunday 31st May.
A delegation from Calderdale is to meet a Government Minister in a bid to secure funding for the rebuilding of two of the borough’s high schools. Councillors say that the rebuilding of Todmorden High School and Calder Valley High School is vital to the local economy.
Library users are to get the chance to say where they would like to see the site of the proposed new Halifax Central Library. Members of Calderdale Council’s Cabinet have agreed to consult with users on three proposed options for the Central Library and Archive:
Calderdale is set to celebrate St George’s Day in style with a host of events. Calderdale Council is celebrating the heritage and history of the patron saint with activities and events for all ages on and around Thursday April 23rd.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.