The refurbished Rastrick Library will re-open on Wednesday September 9, from 10am to 12.30pm. To celebrate the new improved library, there will be an open evening on Thursday September 10, 6pm to 9pm. People are invited to come and see the new library and there will be wine and light refreshments.
There’s a rare chance to get a peek inside some of Calderdale’s historic buildings this September, with the launch of Heritage Open Days. The event, from Thursday 10 to Sunday 13 September, is a national celebration of England’s culture. English Heritage is encouraging interesting historical and cultural properties to open their doors for FREE.
Set up a year ago by the Northlight Art Studios Cooperative on Valley Road, the Back Door education initiative has successfully delivered a broad range of courses and workshops. The enterprise has helped to fill the gap left by the reduction of adult education opportunities in the area and utilises the extensive teaching experience of its membership.
A community herb garden has taken root at Hebden Bridge Library as part of Calderdale’s Incredible Edible growing scheme. Herbs including mint, dill, sage, basil, marjoram and thyme, as well as lettuce and broccoli, have been planted in the courtyard of the new library.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet will discuss the allocation of nearly £200,000 to develop five local initiatives in response to the current economic conditions. When it meets on Monday 24 August, Cabinet will be asked to give its approval to a recommendation by the ‘Economic Task Force’ for five specific areas of activity:
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.