The first of the thirty creative businesses to be housed in the Hebden Bridge Town Hall development has been confirmed. The North of Watford Actors’ Agency agreed last week to take one of the enterprise units in the new development, once building work is complete early next year.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet has unveiled its proposed Budget for 2011/12 to 2013/14. Full details of the budget plans are contained in Cabinet’s proposals for consultation as agreed at their meeting last night.
Garden Square car park in Hebden Bridge is to be transformed as part of the proposed community and enterprise facilities. The works, starting in April, are expected to be completed by spring 2012 when the local community will be able to use the new building for meetings, events and enterprise schemes.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet has agreed to close the Piece Hall outdoor markets. Recent years have seen a significant decline in the number of traders. Meeting last night, Cabinet decided that relocation packages should be offered to all existing traders and that the Council should continue to operate specialist one off markets.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.