The annual national Fairtrade Fortnight runs from Monday 28th February, and one of the highlights this year is the launch of Fairtrade Fairmined GOLD. Only 20 independent jewellers across the country are licensed to produce jewellery with this certified material, and Element Jewellery on Market Street is one of these.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet says it has listened to local people in arriving at its final budget proposals. Among Cabinet’s proposals agreed last night, which will be discussed by Full Council when it meets on February 28th, there will be:
Knitted zebra crossings, sheep on skateboards…Handmade Parade is calling for ideas for this year’s Hebden Bridge parade on Saturday, June 11th. And what better way to shake off the winter gloom than by thinking ahead to summer and the streets filled with crazy costumes, giant puppets, music and dance.
More money is to be made available to help set up new businesses and social enterprises. Calderdale Council’s Cabinet have agreed to a recommendation from the Council’s Economic Task Force to make available a £180,000 package of funding from its Economic Fighting Fund.
There are 13,000 residential properties in Calderdale where there are no registered voters. Calderdale Council is sending letters to all of the properties concerned, inviting the occupants to register to vote in time for the Local Council Elections on May 5th 2011.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.