Hebden Bridge Library Open Day Tours
There’s a chance to get a first look at improvements to Hebden Bridge library on Saturday, 31st January, when an open day will be held at the refurbished building. Come and get a sneak preview of work so far, with half-hour tours running at 10.30am, 11am, 11.30am and noon. There is no need to book, but places on the tours will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
You will be able to see final plans for the new layout and get a look at the building before furniture, fittings, books and PCs are moved in.
Over the next few weeks, the finishing touches will be added to the library and it is expected to re-open in March. New features will include a teenage area with a plasma screen and listening post and the children’s library with computers, storytelling and activity area. There will be toilets and baby changing on the ground floor, with a lift to the upper floor and an additional toilet for disabled visitors.
The Customer First office will also be housed in the library, offering face-to-face advice and information about Council services.
Upstairs, exposed beams have created a light and airy atmosphere, and a small exhibition space is planned for local artists to display their work.
The new library at Cheetham Street will open in March and the temporary library at Hebden Vale will close a few days earlier to allow for the transfer of collections. For this short period any books borrowed during this time will have an extended return date and a mobile library will also be stationed in the town to provide service continuity. There are also full library facilities available at nearby Todmorden and Mytholmroyd.
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions about the new library, please contact: David Duffy, Central Library, Northgate,Halifax. HX1 1UN, E-Mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.