Launch of the Linear Park
You may not know it but there is a linear park in Calderdale and its been there for a very long time. You have probably walked through it. You may have cycled along it, boated along it, crossed over it, even fished at the side of it. Its name is the Rochdale Canal. The 11-mile stretch between Walsden in the west and Sowerby Bridge in the east is one of the important connecting links snakes through the Upper Calder Valley accompanied by the road, river and railway. A common reference point used by many in the area, the canal is potentially, a great leisure amenity which could attract and encourage tourism.
On Sunday the 19th of October a canal event is being held in Mytholmroyd, by the Upper Calder Valley Renaissance. Its hoped that walkers, cyclists, anglers, boaters and anyone with an interest in the canal will take a critical look, make notes and take photos along the stretch nearest them and share their findings. A digital collage of the canal along with notes is to be attached to a large scale map of the Upper Calder Valley section of the Rochdale Canal to give an immediate picture of what is good – not so good – and what could be improved.
Upper Calder Valley Renaissance co-ordinator Louise Harrison said, We are hoping that anyone who has an interest in the canal and its regeneration will come along to the event. The information gathered can be used to help drive forward the development of the linear park and generate ideas about what is needed to improve and develop the largest and – possibly most beautiful – park in Calderdale.
The event starts at 3pm until 5 pm in St Michaels Church in Mytholmroyd and there will be refreshments available. For further details of the event please telephone 07949 368462.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.