Moyles Hotel In Environmental Health Probe
Calderdale Council’s Environmental Health department are understood to be investigating Moyles hotel and restaurant in Hebden Bridge, with regard to issues of hygiene and health & safety.
Moyles has been a very popular local hotel since it opened following extensive refurbishment, and the restaurant gained a solid reputation for fine dining with the arrival of chef Nick Wilson, who trained with the AA Rosette and Michelin award winning Jean-Christophe Novelli. However, the sudden departure of head chef Nick Wilson along with experienced general manager Martin Carpenter, coincides with the discovery that the hotel is currently under investigation by Environmental Health officers.
A source close to Moyles said: “The standard of the food at Moyles restaurant has definitely dropped quite considerably of late, I haven’t heard anyone mention food hygiene problems.”
Owner of the hotel Simon Moyles, was unavailable for comment.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.