Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
Calderdale people are being asked to vote for their favourite parks or playing fields. It’s all part of the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge, a campaign organised by Fields in Trust to mark Her Majesty the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012 and the London 2012 Olympics.
The aim is to protect 2012 outdoor recreational spaces in communities all across the country as a permanent living legacy of these great events.
Local Authorities have been asked to select outdoor recreational spaces that they would be happy to protect as a Queen Elizabeth II Field.
Calderdale Council is asking residents for their views on which playing fields should receive this special protection.
A list of sites will be put to a public vote and in order to give communities the opportunity to select a local site. At least one site per ward has been selected.
Two sites will be selected to be protected and designated as a Queen Elizabeth II Field, one urban and one rural site. Votes can be cast online at http://www.qe2fields.com/Castyourvote.aspx or at libraries and customer first centres where ballot papers will be available. Voting commences on Tues 18th Oct for one month.
Community groups may have the opportunity to apply for grant funding to improve facilities at the successful sites.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet Member for Safer and Stronger Communities, Cllr Mrs Pauline Nash, says all local authorities have been asked to select parks or playing fields to become Queen Elizabeth II playing fields.
“Whichever sites are selected will have very special status – they will be protected for the future and will mark these two great events – the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the hosting of the Olympic Games.
“So the Council feels that it is right and proper that is the people of Calderdale themselves who have the say on which sites should be selected.
“I hope that as many people as possible will take the opportunity to have their say.”
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.