A group of local residents are making local, organic vegetables more easily available in a new low-cost, not-for-profit scheme that will get underway on Saturday 15th January at Hope Street Baptist Church in Hebden Bridge.
An innovative energy efficiency project has started in Hebden Bridge. Local residents in two small areas in and around Hebden Bridge are being encouraged to take part in the project. Participants will receive a comprehensive energy survey and advice on how to save energy costs and cut down on carbon emissions.
A train travelling through the Summit Tunnel, in Walsden was derailed by a block of ice the size of a car near Todmorden. Forty-five passengers and crew had to be evacuated from the 00.38 service from Manchester to York when its front wheels came off the tracks following the incident at around 1.45am today.
Diane Cheesebrough, Deputy Chief Executive of Calderdale Council, has resigned and will be leaving her post early in the New Year. She will be taking up a new role as Chief Operating Officer in the private sector.
Calder Community Practice is giving local people ten pieces of cold weather health advice as heavy snow descends over the region. Michelle Teague, general manager at Calder Community Practice, which is run by Care UK, is offering advice on how to stave off illness as well as informing people of the quickest way to get treatment if they do get ill now or over the festive season.
- Posted: 13 October 2011Vote For Your Favourite Park Or Playing Field
- Posted: 27 September 2011Get Ready For Apple Day 2011!
- Posted: 21 September 2011Local Jobless Figures Highest In Years
- Posted: 15 February 2011Element Jewellery Leads Way With Fairtrade Gold
- Posted: 13 February 2011Council Budget Proposals Show Cabinet Has Listened
- Posted: 9 February 2011Meeting To Secure Future Of Picture House
- Posted: 7 February 2011Summer’s coming…and it’s going to be wearing a squid hat!
- Posted: 4 February 2011Council Funding To Support Local Business
Browse Archive By Date
Add An Article
Got a news story for the Hebden Bridge List? Click the link below to submit your article for publication.